- Duration: 7 days / 6 nights
- Distance: 268km
- Level: Athletic
Basing this ride loosely on the Stevenson Trail – an incredible journey undertaken by writer Robert Louis Stevenson on his donkey Modestine – we have adapted the Scot’s route to make a fantastic itinerary for an electric bike. This trip could also have been called the “Cévenole Hills” because the Scottish writer loved travelling through the undulating Cévennes national park.
Cycle through the countryside, completely immersed in the natural and cultural riches of the Haute-Loire, Lozère and Gard as you criss-cross the River Loire, Allier, Lot, Tarn and Gardon. A condensed trip reserved for cyclists with strong thighs!
“A chat with Sir Stevenson” is a long-distance trip that requires the rider to be competent at fixing any minor mechanical problems themselves (puncture, slipped bike chain) and have a proficient cycling ability (pedalling in a standing position and tackling some challenging trails).
The itinerary has plenty of uphill and downhill stretches, a mixture of long uphill climbs followed by steep descents that are made bearable thanks to the breathtaking scenery!
Revel in the joy of pedalling effort-free through the forest before joining the country lanes of the Haute-Loire. This trip is perfumed by broom shrubs and fresh Haute-Loire air, with basalt columns, forests, volcanos and the Loire gorges as a backdrop.
- Expert tour with significant drop : +4790m – Country roads and paths (some hard trails)
- Family tour : Children from ages of 15 (according to cycle ability)
- Price (per person, on a basis of 2 people sharing)
- Guesthouses & 2 or 3* hotels
|A Chat with Sir Stevenson||Fares|
|Bike tour on half-board basis*
Bag transfer (1bag maxi 15kg / pers)
GPS renatl (1 GPS for the group)
Roadbook and a map
The journey back and bike return in minibus
|Extra – Lone traveller single room||+€180 / bike|
|Extra – Travelling with a trekking bike||-€60 / bike|
|Extra – Travelling with your own bike||-€120|
*Your first stay in Le puy is booked on the bed & breakfast option to allow you to choose your restaurant in town
- See Extras & services section for :
- Riding with your bike or a standard trekking bike
- Lone traveller
- Multi-risk and cancellation insurance
- Agency fees : See the “Price Info” section
- Groups, please contact us
Click on the schedule to book your e-bike trip – See General terms and conditions
Advantages of going on an electric bike tour with L’Autre Chemin:
- You travel independently
- Bike rental : We provide modern electric bikes that are both comfortable and easy to ride. L’Autre Chemin can also supply children’s bikes or trailers.
- 1 GPS / group included
- Your stopovers are in guesthouses or family-friendly hotels, providing a comfortable and authentic base from which you can discover the local area and enjoy a real change of scenery.
- Your luggage is transported to each stopover (you only need to carry what you need for the day with you).
- All of the itineraries have been tried and tested to ensure that our packages are both extraordinary and accessible.