- Duration: 8 days / 7 nights
- Distance: 251km
- Level: Athletic
Basing this ride loosely on the Stevenson Trail – an incredible journey undertaken by writer Robert Louis Stevenson on his donkey Modestine – we have adapted the Scot’s route to make a fantastic itinerary for an electric bike. This trip could also have been called the “Cévenole Hills” because the Scottish writer loved travelling through the undulating Cévennes national park.
Cycle through the countryside, completely immersed in the natural and cultural riches of the Haute-Loire, Lozère and Gard as you criss-cross the River Loire, Allier, Lot, Tarn and Gardon. A condensed trip reserved for cyclists with strong thighs!
“A chat with Sir Stevenson” is a long-distance trip that requires the rider to be competent at fixing any minor mechanical problems themselves (puncture, slipped bike chain) and have a proficient cycling ability (pedalling in a standing position and tackling some challenging trails).
The itinerary has plenty of uphill and downhill stretches, a mixture of long uphill climbs followed by steep descents that are made bearable thanks to the breathtaking scenery!
Revel in the joy of pedalling effort-free through the forest before joining the country lanes of the Haute-Loire. This trip is perfumed by broom shrubs and fresh Haute-Loire air, with basalt columns, forests, volcanos and the Loire gorges as a backdrop.
- Expert tour with significant drop : +4555m – Country roads and paths (some hard trails)
- Family tour : Children from ages of 14 (according to cycle ability)
- Price (per person, on a basis of 2 people sharing)
- Guesthouses & 2 or 3* hotels
|Travelling with an e-bike
Half-board basis* included
Luggage transfer included
Journey back to Le Puy included
|Option – Travelling with a trekking bike||€885 pers.|
|Option – Travelling with your own bike||€815/ pers.|
|Option Single room||+€180|
*Your first stay in Le puy is booked on the bed & breakfast option to allow you to choose your restaurant in town
- See Extras & services section for :
- A wellness and superior comfort option*** Domaine des Barres – Langogne : +25€ / adult
- Riding on your own bike or with a standard mountain-bike
- Lone traveller
- Multi-risk and cancellation insurance
- Extra night
- Agency fees : See the “Price Info” section
Click on the schedule to book your e-bike trip – See General terms and conditions
Advantages of going on an electric bike tour with L’Autre Chemin:
- You travel independently
- We provide modern electric bikes that are both comfortable and easy to ride.
- Your stopovers are in guesthouses or family-friendly hotels, providing a comfortable and authentic base from which you can discover the local area and enjoy a real change of scenery.
- Your luggage is transported to each stopover (you only need to carry what you need for the day with you).
- All of the itineraries have been tried and tested to ensure that our packages are both extraordinary and accessible.