- Duration: 5 days / 4 nights
- Distance: 172
- Level: Atheltic
Cycle on your electric bike along the untamed Loire, from its sources…
This route through “untamed countryside” takes in mountains, gorges and hidden valleys. Pedal along roads and paths up to the high plateaus of the Mézenc, passing through the village resort of Les Estables, Mézenc and Mont-Gerbier-de-Jonc. You will then ride alongside the river in the Ardèche to reach the Issarlès lake. After a quick dip in the lake (weather depending!), pedal through the magnificent upper Loire gorges and through stunning villages such as Lafarre, Arlempdes and Goudet with its polychromic roofs. What a delight to cycle alongside this untamed river, which very nearly lost its identity in the 1990s (due to a project to build a new dam).
- Difference in altitude: 3435 m – Country roads and easy trails
- Family Tour for children from 12 (according to cycling abilities) or for the youngest till 6 in a trailer
- Price (per person, on a basis of 2 people sharing)
- Guesthouses & 2 or 3* hotels
|Travelling with our e-bikes
Half-board trip* included
Luggage transfer included
|€620 / pers.|
|Option – Travelling with a trekking bike||-€40 / bike|
|Option – Travelling with your bike||-€80 / bike|
|Option – Single room (1 pers.) not lone traveller||+€120|
*Your first stay in Le puy is booked on the bed & breakfast option to allow you to choose your restaurant in town
- See Extras & services section for :
- Riding on your own bike or with a trekking bike
- Lone traveller
- A superior comfort option
- Multi-risk and cancellation insurance
- Agency fees : See the “Price Info” section
- Group travel from 5 adults, please contact us
Click on the schedule to book your e-bike trip – See General terms and conditions
Advantages of going on an electric bike tour with L’Autre Chemin:
- You travel independently and follow a specially-planned route with short stages so that you can make the most of your time in the Haute-Loire.
- We provide modern electric bikes that are both comfortable and easy to ride. L’Autre Chemin can also supply children’s bikes or trailers.
- Your stopovers are in guesthouses or family-friendly hotels, providing a comfortable and authentic base from which you can discover the local area and enjoy a real change of scenery.
- Your luggage is transported to each stopover (you only need to carry what you need for the day with you).
- All of the itineraries have been tried and tested to ensure that our packages are both extraordinary and accessible.