- Duration: 5 days / 4 nights
- Distance: 188km
- Level: Médium / Atheltic
Cycle on your electric bike along the untamed Loire, from its sources…
This route through “untamed countryside” takes in mountains, gorges and hidden valleys. Pedal along roads and paths up to the high plateaus of the Mézenc, passing through the village resort of Les Estables, Mézenc and Mont-Gerbier-de-Jonc. You will then ride alongside the river in the Ardèche to reach the Issarlès lake. After a quick dip in the lake (weather depending!), pedal through the magnificent upper Loire gorges and through stunning villages such as Lafarre, Arlempdes and Goudet with its polychromic roofs. What a delight to cycle alongside this untamed river, which very nearly lost its identity in the 1990s (due to a project to build a new dam).
- Difference in altitude: 3800 m – Country roads and easy trails
- Family Tour for children from 14 (according to cycling abilities)
- Price (per person, on a basis of 2 people sharing)
- Guesthouses & 2 or 3* hotels
|Your bike tour including:
Your bike trip Half-board basis*
Luggage transfer (1 bag maxi 13kg / pax)
Digital guiding solution and a map
|€580 / pers.|
|Traveling with children of 14 (family room)|
|Travelling with a child aged 14||€520|
|Rent a trekking E-bike + 2 panniers||+€135 / bike|
|Rent a trekking bike + 2 panniers||+€80 / bike|
|Option – Single room (1 pers.)||+€120|
*Your first and optionnal last stays in Le puy is booked on the bed & breakfast option to allow you to choose your restaurant in town
- See Extras & services section for :
- Rent an E-bike or a bike
- Travelling with children
- Lone traveller
- Agency fees : See the “Price Info” section
Click on the schedule to book your e-bike trip – See General terms and conditions
Advantages of a bike tour with L’Autre Chemin:
- You travel by your own
- Extra : We provide modern electric bikes that are both comfortable and easy to ride. Bikes are insured
- Your stopovers are in guesthouses or family-friendly hotels, providing a comfortable and authentic base from which you can discover the local area and enjoy a real change of scenery.
- Your luggage is transported to each stopover (you only need to carry what you need for the day with you).
- All of the itineraries have been tested to ensure that our packages are both extraordinary and accessible.