- Duration: 8 days
- Distance: 239km
- Level: Moderate -Easy paths and small roads
Your cycling trip: Cycling trip in the Cévennes
Travelling with a bike along the Chemin de Stevenson is like a dream, but you prefer riding on small roads rather than paths and soft elevation … Take it easy, we have specially designed this trip for you. Because cycling in the Cévennes is a wonderful moment both in terms of the landscapes and the flavor encountered, we wanted to offer an electric bike trip based on the Chemin de Stevenson but making it more accessible for cyclo-travelers. .
The route follows easy tracks that do not require very technical riding and small scenic roads. Of course, we sometimes stray from the route but the traveling adventure remains intact, the stages are almost the same as for the Dialogue stay with Stevenson.
A course of moderate difficulty and which offers the discovery of breathtaking landscapes in total immersion with the nature of Haute-Loire, Lozère and Gard where you will cross the road of the Loire, the Allier, the Lot , Tarn and Gardon…
Your stages have been specially chosen for their comfort and the quality of their welcome. They offer you the opportunity to discover the local gastronomy and meet the locals!
To know :
Traveling with a bike in the Cévennes is a long-distance trip that requires good autonomy in managing the bike: Knowing how to change an inner tube, put on a “derailed” chain and of course know how to ride a bike!
We have smoothed out the elevations so that the adventure remains accessible but beautiful climbs are still present (climb of Goudet, Le Mont-Lozère…)
Your travel diary guides you mainly on country roads and on very accessible tracks
A little extra: The L’Autre Chemin Agency is located in Le Puy-en-Velay – 5 rue Grangevieille, this allows us to meet you easily when you leave and to give us a good knowledge of the path.
To prepare your stay, find our advice page !
What we like: The atmosphere of the path, the encounters with walkers and moments of high intensity, in particular the passage of the Col de Finiels.
- Elevation : +4735m – Country roads and easy paths
- Family tour : Children from ages of 14 (according to cycle ability)
|Travels with a bike in the Cevennes||Fares|
|Your bike tour including:
Accommodation with half-board basis*
A digital guiding solution
The journey back and bike return in minibus
Luggage transfer (1 bag maxi 13kg / pax)
|E-bike rental + 2 panniers + insurance||+€215 / bike|
|Trekking bike + 2 panniers + insurance||-€140 / bike|
*Your first stay in Le puy is booked on the bed & breakfast option to allow you to choose your restaurant in town.
Travel agency fees : €10 / pax
Discover our trekking bikes
Click on the schedule to book your e-bike trip – See General terms and conditions
Advantages of going on an electric bike tour with L’Autre Chemin:
- You travel self-guided and follow a specially-planned route with short stages so that you can make the most of your time in the Haute-Loire.
- With extra : We provide modern electric bikes that are both comfortable and easy to ride. L’Autre Chemin can also supply children’s bikes or trailers.
- Your stopovers are in guesthouses or family-friendly hotels, providing a comfortable and authentic base from which you can discover the local area and enjoy a real change of scenery.
- Your luggage is transferred to each stopover (you only need to carry what you need for the day with you).
- All of the itineraries have been tried and tested to ensure that our packages are both extraordinary and accessible.
- Our rental bikes are insured
- Your journey back to Le Puy with you bike is included